Think About Your Thoughts
We go through our lives each and every day getting up, handling the tasks of the day, come home, get up and then off until tomorrow so that we can do it all over again. When you wake up in the morning, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? Have you ever awoken one morning and felt sucky and in return had a sucky day? On the other hand, have you ever started off your day with a smile on your face, proclaiming greatness over your day and “ironically” have a great day. Do you allow the circumstances of the day dictate your thoughts or reactions? When you are moving though your everyday lives – are you aware of the things you think and the words you speak?
I know I just asked a lot of questions and it can be plenty to take in at first. But hang in there with me. Your thoughts and words have FAR more power than you think and you have the power to dominate your thoughts and the words that come out your mouth. You own the rights to both. One of the keys to having your desires manifest is to focus your attention on what it is that you desire. When you focus on fear, doubt, inabilities then that is the energy you are pulling towards yourself. I’m sure you’ve heard that the energy you put out into this world is the same energy that you will get back. Thoughts and words are the most powerful energies which usually transform into planning and action. Every great idea, business, invention started out in thought form. Then after you think about it, you start speaking then planning for it and acting on it.
I find it hilarious when people say well they hope for the worst so then they will not be disappointed the worst happens. WRONG! When you hope for the worst, then that is exactly what can happen. Someone shared something with me something that I thought was so special and I would like to share it with you. He asked a few of us if we knew about Murphy’s Law (when everything that can go wrong actually goes wrong), and we all shook our heads in familiarity with this concept. But then he said that he thinks the exact opposite of that – any and every thing that can go right will. That was so powerful! So here is a list of some pointers that I want you to keep in mind so you can manifest the power of your thoughts and words over your life to help you embrace your legacy. Also, I want you to consider reading the following books – The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale and The Laws of Thinking: 20 Secrets to Your Divine Power to Your Mind to Manifest Prosperity by E. Bernard Jordan. They have been instrumental in me changing my thoughts and the words I speak and I’m sure they will do the same for you. You cannot change your situation until you change your way of thinking.
- Don’t pick it up. When the negative thoughts and words come to your mind, picture them as heavy boxes that you refuse to pick up. Leave those boxes right there and walk away from them.
- Discipline your mind. Throughout your day, analyze the words you speak and the thoughts that come to your mind. Is it you ego talking? Be conscious of your thoughts and discipline your mind to kick out the nonsense.
- Cancel it out. For every negative thought that comes to your mind, cancel it out with 2 positive ones.
- Focus on what you do want. Keep focusing on how you want the circumstances to come out, keep the mental picture at the forefront of your mind instead of worrying what you don’t want to happen.
- Know your purpose. You are here on this earth, right now for a purpose that is bigger than yourself. God has given you purpose over your life. Your purpose is using your natural talents and abilities to fulfill a human need. Think and act according to that purpose. If you are walking in your purpose, then have faith and trust the journey.
- Believe in yourself. Believe in your ability, knowing that no one else can be you. You have to have confidence in your own power to overcome any defeating thoughts or words that are spoken over your life.
- Minimize obstacles in your mind. Obstacles are as big as you make them, you can choose to make them the biggest thing in your life or you can choose to change your attitude towards them. Yes there are obstacles, but they happen so that you can grow into the place that you were called to be. You have the power to overcome the fears and doubts that come with obstacles.
- Empty your mind and refill it. At the top of each day, empty your mind of the chatter and negative talk and fill it with positive ones. Take five minutes to affirm favor, prosperity over your day. Believe and tell yourself positive affirmations over each day and over your life.
- Share with others. When someone comes to you for advice, be of encouraging words. Speak positive words to them. So many times we are quick to react to the negative instead of shifting our focus to the positive.
- Check your attitude. Your thoughts will surely dictate your attitude, you have to have the power to check yourself and know when your attitude is out of line. Do not let your emotions control your attitude!