The Love Your Legacy Summit kicked off on October 11th and it was a true success! The room was filled with energy, empowerment, tears of joy and kick-ass women who wanted to empower our girls to live in purpose, pursue their education and embrace their legacy! We achieved our goal of honoring our girls and raising awareness for girls rights and education everywhere!
Event features included:
- Skechers donating (20) pairs of brand-new sneakers for the girls!
- The “I Embrace My Beauty” Corner provided by Nail Lounge where the girls received free manicures!
- TD Bank opening free checking and savings accounts for the girls with an extra $25 in their accounts!
- Empowered speakers holding workshops on: Defeating Fear, Pursuing Your Dreams, Relationships 101 and Knowing Who You Are
- “Share Your Legacy” Mentorship Circle where esteemed women served as “mentors for the day” while mixing and mingling with the girls
- Jamba Juice providing free smoothies!
- A gifting suite with goodies from ESSENCE, Skechers, Dwana Smallwood Performing Arts Center, Brooklyn Children’s Museum and others!
View Pictures Below:
This was our second annual International Day of the Girl conference where we created a transformational and empowering event in honor of our girls for honoring their education while evoking feminine confidence to boldly live in purpose and define their legacy. We had exciting guest speakers who are acclaimed women in their respective industries and special components of empowerment such as “Share Your Legacy” Mentorship Circles where students gained access to mix and mingle with a plethora of esteemed professional women who are embracing their legacy. We even had an “I Embrace My Beauty” corner where our students received free manicures! Words cannot express our gratitude of how AMAZING it went, until next year!
A SPECIAL THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSORS:
OUR FABULOUS GUEST SPEAKERS:
BROUGHT TO YOU BY: